in your corner Ltd value your privacy and appreciate that you trust us to protect that information. It is your right to have total transparency and control on how we use it. We have been working hard and will continue to work hard to implement robust data privacy and security controls to ensure that any data we hold about you is protected in the best way possible.
Contact us at email@example.com should you have any concerns or wish to request access to the data we hold on you.
- what we collect;
- why we collect it;
- how we use it; and
- the safeguards we put in place to protect it.
It also summarises your rights and tells you how you can exercise those rights.
However, this policy does not apply to information collected about you by any third-party websites that we may link to or may be accessible from this website. The information collected by third-party websites is subject to their own privacy policies, which we advise you to check before providing them with any data as we have no control over how your data is collected or used.
1. WHO ARE WE?
2. DEFINITIONS AND INTERPRETATIONS
In this Policy the following terms shall have the following meanings:
- “Account” means an account required to access and/or use areas and features of our site;
- “Cookie Law” means the relevant parts of the Privacy and Electronic Communications (EC Directive) Regulations 2003;
- “personal data” means any data that relates to an identifiable person who can be directly or indirectly identified from the data. In this case it means personal data you give to us via our site or by other mean when you contact us. This definition shall where applicable incorporate the definitions provided in the EU Regulation 2016/679 – the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR); and
- “We” or “Us” or “Our” means in your corner Ltd, a limited company registered in England under company registration number 05702508, whose registered address is Ridgeview House, 99 Derby Road, Stanley Village, Derbyshire, DE7 6EX
3. WHAT INFORMATION DO WE COLLECT?
When someone visits our website, we collect standard internet log information and details of visitor behaviour patterns. We do this to find out things such as the number of visitors to the various parts of the site. We collect this information in a way which does not identify anyone. We do not make any attempt to find out the identities of those visiting our website. We will not associate any data gathered from this site with any personally identifying information from any source. If we do want to collect personally identifiable information through our website, we will be up front about this.
Depending on your use of our site, we may collect some or all of the following personal and non-personal data, whether collected automatically or provided voluntarily by you:
- Business/company name;
- Job title;
- Contact information such as email address and telephone number;
- Demographic information such as postcode, preferences and interests;
- IP address (collected automatically);
- Web browser type and version (collected automatically);
- Operating system (collected automatically);
- A list of URLs starting with referring site, your activity on our site and the site you exit to (collected automatically);
- If you provide comments on our blogs or reviews through our Social Media Channels or through other third-party websites, please note that this information is public so only provide information you are comfortable with being shared publicly.
4. WHY DO WE COLLECT THIS INFORMATION?
We use the information that we collect about you for the following purposes:
- Process any enquiry you make and provide related ongoing customer service through to purchase and beyond;
- Supplying our products and services to you;
- Replying to Emails received from you;
- Maintain, administer and improve our website;
- Inform you about products and services that might be of interest to you potentially via our Email Marketing software – Mailchimp;
- Improve and/or personalise your online experience, services and our communications with you;
- Identify and prevent fraud;
- Better understand how visitors use our website and to determine the effectiveness of any promotional campaigns and advertising we may do.
5. HOW DO WE USE THIS INFORMATION?
- All personal data is processed and stored securely, for no longer than is necessary in light of the reason (s) for which it was first collected. We will comply with our obligations and safeguard your rights under the GDPR at all times. For more details on security see Section 6 below.
- Our use of your personal data will always have a lawful basis either because it is necessary for our fulfilment of an enquiry and/or order, because you have consented to our use of your personal data (eg by subscribing to emails) or because it is in our legitimate interests. Specifically, we may use your data for the following purposes:
- Providing and managing your account with us;
- Personalising and tailoring your experience on our site;
- Supplying our products and services to you. (please note that we require personal data in order to enter into a contract with you should you place an order etc);
- Replying to emails from you;
- Supplying you with emails that you have opted into (you may unsubscribe or opt out at any time via the following methods:
- Use the “unsubscribe” button at the bottom of such emails you receive from us; and also
- Emailing firstname.lastname@example.org with your request to opt out.
- Market Research;
- Analysing our site and gathering feedback to enable us to continually improve our site and your user experience.
- With your permission and/or where permitted by law, we may also use your data for marketing purposes which may include contacting you by Email, telephone or post with information, news and offers on our products and services. We will not however send you unsolicited marketing or spam and will take all reasonable steps to ensure that we fully protect your rights and comply with our obligations under the GDPR and Privacy and Electronic Communications (EC Directive) Regulations 2003.
- You have the right to withdraw your consent to us using your personal data at any time, and to request that we delete it. However please note that if you request that we delete the information and you are an existing customer or have requested information from us, we will no longer be able to service your account etc properly.
- We do not keep your personal data for any longer than is necessary in light of the reason(s) for which it was collected. The length of time we retain personal information for is determined by operational and legal considerations. For example, we are legally required to hold some types of information to fulfil statutory and regulatory obligations (eg health/safety and tax/accounting purposes). The retention periods are reviewed on a regular basis.
6. HOW AND WHERE DO WE STORE YOUR DATA?
- We only keep your personal data for as long as we need to in order to use it as described above in section 5, and/or for as long as we have your permission to keep it.
- Some or all of your data may be stored outside of the European Economic Area (“the EEA”) (The EEA consists of all EU member states, plus Norway, Iceland, and Lichtenstein). You are deemed to accept and agree to this by using our site and submitting information to Us. If we do store data outside of the EEA, we will take all reasonable steps to ensure that your data is treated as safely and securely as it would be within the UK and under the Data Protection Act 1998.
- Data security is very important to us, and to protect your data we have taken suitable measures to safeguard and secure data collected through our site.
- Steps we take to secure and protect your data include:
- Ensuring that your connection to our website is secure; and
- Ensuring that internal access to all personal information we hold is secured by appropriate measures.
- We use third-party CRM software to support us in storing and securing your data and to help us keep track of your relationship with us including orders placed as well as orders pending etc;
- We use third-party Email Marketing software to support us in providing you with information about our products and services as well as general information about in your corner Ltd.
7. WHO HAS ACCESS TO YOUR DATA?
- We do not sell your information.
- We limit access to your information to employees who have a need to use the information and are obligated to protect that information and keep it confidential.
- We may also provide information we collect about you to other companies, who may process information on our behalf, including companies that assist us with:
- Fulfilling or delivering your order;
- Storing and securing data;
- Processing payments;
- Managing our accounts;
- Search engine facilities;
- Marketing, analytics, and fraud detection activities; or
- Customer Service.
In these circumstances we will take all reasonable steps to ensure your data will be handled safely, securely, and in accordance with your rights, our obligations, and the obligations of the third party under the law.
8. DO WE SHARE YOUR DATA?
- Subject to clauses within this section we will not share your data with any third parties for any purposes.
- We may compile statistics about the use of our site including data on traffic, usage patterns, user numbers, sales and other information. All such data will be anonymised and will not include any personally identifying data, or any anonymised data that can be combined with other data and used to identify you. We may from time to time share such data with third parties, but it will only ever be shared within the bounds of the law.
- We may sometimes use third-party data processors and/or software that are located outside of the European Economic Area (“the EEA”) (The EEA consists of all EU member states, plus Norway, Iceland, and Lichtenstein). Where we transfer any personal data outside of the EEA, we will take all reasonable steps to ensure that our data is treated safely and securely as it would be within the UK and under the GDPR.
- In certain circumstances we may be legally required to share certain data held by us, which may include your personal data, for example where we are involved in legal proceedings, where we are complying with legal requirements, a court order, or a government authority.
- See Section 7 c for how else we may share your data.
9. YOUR RIGHTS AND HOW YOU CAN CONTROL YOUR DATA
- You have the right to:
- Request access to your personal data;
- Request correction of your personal data;
- Request deletion of your personal data (or altered so that you are not identifiable) or to restrict the ways in which we use your information – but in either case, only under specific circumstances prescribed by law;
- Object to the processing of your personal data;
- Request a restriction of processing your personal data;
- Unsubscribe from marketing or withdraw any specific consents you gave to us;
- Request a copy of the personal information that is being processed by us;
- Lodge a complaint with your local data protection authority.
- When you submit personal information via our site you may be given options to restrict our use of your data. In particular we aim to give you strong controls on our use of your data for direct marketing purposes (including the ability to opt-out of receiving emails from us, which you may do by unsubscribing using the links provided in our emails and at the point of providing your details).
10. YOUR RIGHT TO WITHHOLD INFORMATION
- You may access our site without providing any data at all. However, to use all features and functions available on our site you may be required to submit or allow for the collection of certain data for example when using our webchat facility, submitting a quote/contact/brochure request.
11. HOW YOU CAN ACCESS YOUR DATA
- You have the right to ask for a copy of any of your personal data held by us (where such data is held). We may request specific information from you to help us confirm your identity before we release information to you to ensure that personal data is not disclosed to any person who has no right to receive it.
- Under GDPR, you will not have to pay a fee to access your personal data (or to exercise any of the other rights).
- We will provide any and all information in response to your request and will try to respond within one month, but occasionally it may take longer than a month if your request is particularly complex or you have made a number of requests. In this case we will notify you and keep you updated.
If you wish to exercise any of the rights set out above, please contact us at email@example.com.
Cookies are small text files that are placed on your computer by websites that you visit. They are widely used in order to make websites work, or work more efficiently, as well as to provide information to the owners of the site.
13. CONTACTING US
Any changes we may make to this policy in the future will be posted on this website so please check this page to ensure you remain happy with the policy. If there’s any major changes we will make this clear on the website.
We keep this policy under regular review.